The GRE® revised General Test measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills—skills that have been developed over a long period of time and are not related to a specific field of study, but are important for all. The GRE revised General Test features question types that reflect the kind of thinking you will do and the skills you need to succeed in graduate and business school.
This publication provides a comprehensive overview of each measure of the test to help you get ready for test day. It is designed to help you:
• understand what is being tested
• gain familiarity with the various question types
• review test-taking strategies
• become familiar with the calculator that will be distributed on test day
• review scored Analytical Writing essay responses and reader commentary
• understand scoring
• practice taking the test
If you are planning to take the computer-based GRE revised General Test, please visit www.ets.org/gre/prepare for test preparation materials for the computer-based test. For test takers with disabilities or health-related needs, visit www.ets.org/gre/disabilities for test preparation materials.